So I am a little bit of a late bloomer to the blog world both as a follower of blogs and a blogger. I’ve always liked blogs but never followed anyone religiously. I think what changed that for me is Pinterest. As I started pinning things I would notice the same few people (bloggers) would always be popping up doing and writing about things I was also really interested in. A few of the first people I started following were those that do hair tutorials since I was no longer teaching PE I should probably do something else besides a pony tail with my long hair. That morphed into more lifestyle blogs and people I really felt connected to and admired and inspired me to start my own blog!
While Pinterest is great for finding new people it still isn’t a great platform, for me, in terms of following the daily ins and outs of actual blogs. So for the past few years I would start bookmarking blogs I liked on my web browser. About a month ago I ventured into the App Store on my iPad and featured was the app Bloglovin. I downloaded it (free) and LOVE IT! It’s finally the answer to my disorganized blogtastrophy. I follow my usual blogs, find new ones and they are all threaded there for me in one neat package. I use it mostly through the app on my iPad but the web version is great as well. FINALLY I feel so ‘in the know’ and up to date with my blog friends.
And in case you are interested, here are some of my favorite blogs I follow:
• Peanut Butter Fingers (my fav and now she is preggo, super cutes, excited to follow her journey)
• Pink Pistachio (beautiful blog)
• HopefulHoney (for my crafty side, and it’s a lifestyle blog)
• TheSmallThingsBlog (she is all over Pinterest with her hair tutorials but her lifestyle blog is great!)
• kayleymelissa (hair tutorials….I’ve learned SO much from her)
• TwistMePretty (discovered her a few weeks ago and she just did a post with KayleyMelissa…wow!, hair tutorials)
• MakeupByAlli (more of a YouTube channel great makeup and hair ideas)
Share some of your favorite blogs in the comment box!