As we’ve grown older our family has focused less on giving gifts but more on giving experiences or doing something together. It means more to all of us and is way less stressful. When we were younger we did need some things, whether we were in college, starting out on our own etc. Now we are all grown, married, have everything we need. None of us need more stuff what we all want is more time together.
So with Father’s Day right around the corner, what are some ideas for the dad in your life who has everything…or at least doesn’t need anything? 🙂
- Golf Trunk Organizer – This organizer holds all their golf stuff – shoes, gloves, tees, sunscreen, extra clothes and golfing accessories. Would make it super easy to grab and go play 18 holes. Pair this with a gift card to their favorite course and you are good to go!
- Yard Yahtzee! – This is an awesome Father’s Day gift. Simple game, now a lawn game! You can find many different versions of this on Amazon – or go help a small business and buy on Etsy!
- Adventure Outing – Depending on the type of dad you have, check out a site like Groupon, Living Social or a local events website for great deals on things to do. In my local area of Lancaster, PA there are a ton of deals for breweries, boat rides, paintball, cave tours, comedy shows, etc. Dad doesn’t need to know you got a deal!
- Beer Tote – I’ve purchased one of these on Etsy and they are great! Fill it with your dad’s favorite beer or soda bottles and he’ll be one happy man! I highly recommend finding one that also has a bottle opener attached to it. If your dad is more of a wine guy you can also get it for wine bottles.
- Just do something together – Low on cash or just want to keep it simple? Just do something together! Make him a cute car wash kit paired with his favorite beverage and wash his car for him or together. Take in movie. Go get yogurt (one of my dad’s personal favs!) Dad’s don’t care about the money you spent they really want your time and your thoughtfulness.
Well that is my quick list folks! Thank goodness for Amazon Prime right?
So how are you spending your Father’s Day weekend? I’ll get to spend time with my dad at one of our favorite places…Keuka Lake!