We try to get together for a ‘girls’ weekend once a year with just my mom and sister and this year we also included my two aunts. In June, they all came to Lancaster for a few days. It’s raining babies over here on my side of the family, my brother had a baby this week and my sister is due in October. While here we surprised my sister with a little story book themed baby shower.
She isn’t finding out the gender and the nursery is taking on a story book theme so that made it easy. My mom also kept some of our childhood books that are still in good condition and were given to us as a gift so this made a perfect surprise as well. Search Pinterest for Story Book Themed Baby Shower and you’ll be totally inspired. We aren’t a fussy bunch and knew we wanted to keep in simple so here I asked everyone to bring a book and then based on the books my mom had kept, I picked a few that I knew I could make food ideas out of.
Book & Recipes: (some links are affiliate links)
- Where’s Goldie? – Pineapple Lemonade Punch ← This was so delicious!
- Clifford the Big Red Dog – Dog Bone Shaped Rice Crispy Treat
- The Story of Jonah – Crabbies
- Happiness is a Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown – Charlie Brown Muddy Buddies
- Finding Nemo – Baby Goldfish Crackers
- Peter Rabbit – Veggie & Dip Tray
- Hungry Caterpillar – Fruit Tarts (don’t make these ahead of time, they got soggy 🙁 )
My go to book to give little ones is the Monster At The End Of This Book – it even comes as a board book!
My sister asked me to make a directional sign with fictional places from stories that both her and her husband love. I surprised her by also making a bookshelf to go along with it! I can give a lot more detail on how I did both but I think that will be another post!